Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big Game, Big Heart

Japanese professional golfer Ryo Ishikawa stated he's giving his entire 2011 earnings to the victims of the horrific earthquake/tsunami that has devastated his homeland.  Let's think about that for a second.  First, Ishikawa is only 19.  Show me a single one-and-done hoopster or a first round NFL draft pick sitting out training camp for more money that would do something like this.  Second, professional golfers have to earn their pay each season.  Ishikawa doesn't have a multi-year deal with the PGA that affords him the luxury of hacking it around all summer.  If he doesn't finish in the top 125 of earnings at the end of the year, he potentially losses his playing card.  This dude is legit.

"I don't view this as pressure to perform, but it will instead be extra motivation for me.  I always believe in myself, but because I am playing for the people of Japan, I feel like I will be playing with a greater purpose this year." - Ryo Ishikawa

No comments: