Monday, May 23, 2011

Morning Wood: Your Monday Links

Number 4 Bobby Orr . . . we need a big win tonight. Go B's.

- So they can't pay their athletes, but Alabama can spend $218,000 on "recruiting services"?

- Don't let Frank McCourt skew your view, owning a sports franchise would be the greatest thing ever. Not our fault he didn't get a prenup.

- Women's tennis closing the gap on men's. Not in ratings, in power.

- Dude cleans out Atlantic City for more than $15 Million at the Black Jack tables. Instant man crush. Of course his name is Don Johnson. Perfect.

- Feel good story of the week. Chicago Bears rookie running back J.T. Thomas takes girl with spina bifida to her prom.

- Advantage, owners. The current NFL lockout situation. Where do we go from here? Hope DeMaurice Smith is ready for his closeup.

- It's a sad statement about my life that I almost jumped out of my seat when I had this link in my email inbox this morning. Nerd alert.

- Rapture believers are confused as to how we are all still here. I can help you out with that. You're a bunch of idiots. If you really want the world to end, come on over. I got some applesauce for you.

- I try not to read too deeply into what athletes say, but I'm pretty sure Ray Lewis is going to murder my entire family if the lockout doesn't end.

No comments: