Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hiring?


Here at Garbage Minutes, we're very excited for the June launch of Bill Simmons' Grantland.com.  This site is under the umbrella of ESPN but will feature an assortment of extremely talented and accomplished writers.  Any site that combines the clever, brilliant and witty work of Malcolm Gladwell, Chuck Klosterman and Bill Simmons will be a daily stop for us on our daily internet surfing trips. 

Great comment by The Sports Guy in a recent interview pertaining to the reasons for this site and his vision for it...

"When I was growing up, I wanted to write for the Boston Globe, Inside Sports and Sports Illustrated. When I was in college, I wanted to write for The National and Spy magazine. I would have literally walked across the country barefoot to write for either of those places. When I look at the landscape now, I don't feel like there's a web site, or a magazine, or a newspaper like that. That's my goal: I would love for this to be the place where if you're a 19-year old in college you look at this web site and say, 'Some day I'm going to write for them."

No comments: